Body Synergy Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy Statement
Body Synergy acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice specified by the Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board and Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board requirements.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children and adults are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or socio-economic background, all children and adults have a positive and enjoyable experience of participation at Body Synergy in a safe environment and are protected from abuse within and outside of Body Synergy activities.
Body Synergy acknowledges that some children and adults, including disabled people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy Body Synergy will:
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and adults
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and adults
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- prevent the employment/deployment of unsuitable individuals
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Body Synergy. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal/exclusion from the organisation.
The policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the following circumstances:
- changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- as required by the Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board, UK Sport and/or Home Country Sports Councils
- as a result of any other significant change or event.
The full Safeguarding Children and Adults policies are available on request. Please Contact Us.
(Last reviewed 14/06/14)